New High Level Political Forum 2019 Campaign
Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality
This year's high-level political forum on sustainable development will meet two times. First under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) the forum will take place from Tuesday, 9 July, to Thursday, 18 July 2019. The SDG summit under the auspices of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) will happen on September 24th and 25th to review progress in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Education at the centre of this year's HLPF
Education is understood as a public good and public responsibility, a fundamental human right and an important basis for ensuring personal fulfilment and for the realisation of other rights, essential for peace and sustainable development.
This year's HLPF will review the followingSDGs:
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.